Sunday, January 26, 2014

Where Has January Gone?

Well January started yesterday... At least it feels that way! Where has the time gone? January is basically over. Time is flying by so fast and life is so much fun. We are going through some trials right now, but we feel safe in our faith in God and know that things will work out.
Along with all that we decided that we were going to eat healthier and have set some fitness goals for ourselves. Jake signed up for a Spartan race to run with his brother this summer, and my sister, some friends, Jake, and I will participate in the dirty dash this summer as well. My goal is to be able to run 5 miles straight by then. I have never done that before so it will be cool to see what happens.
Jake has been awesome throughout this whole process. For the first two weeks of this month I could only eat 1200 calories and let me tell you what... You do not want to be around a grumpy, hungry Kimmee. Jake is a saint and put up with all my baby fit throwing and pouting. He is also helping me train. I am very grateful to him. Luckily, 1200 calories was only for two weeks and now I can eat more!! YAY!!!
Last night we went out on a date and got some delicious food from one of our favorite places called Saigon Cafe. It is this little Chinese and Vietnamese food place that is run by a cute family. You get tons of food for $6.00. It comes highly recommended! We had a great time together. We were going to to go an improv show but it was sold out.... which is lame because I called a bunch of times to get reservations. So instead we went and got ice cream and then came home and watched "Jack Reacher". All in all it was a good night, and I love my husband.


Although life is throwing hard times our way, we feel very blessed to have each other and to have the Lord guiding and directing us. We are strengthened by our faith in Him. "Things always have a way of working out." We are looking forward to the exciting things that our coming our way this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment